Thursday 31 January 2013

Something OLD and something NEW!

• Fashion

As promised, my next blog instalment is on trans-seasonal dressing, as at this time of year we are desperate to dive into the new spring clothes filtering into the shops but also still trying to get milage out of those christmas gift garments (see Ski Sunday) and January sales splurges! (see Cheap & Chic).

As I am currently planning and packing my ski wardrobe, I am still in winter-mode (it's strangely my favourite time of year). Being the shopper I am, however, I couldn't resist a few new purchases that I am hoping I can wear with said winter wardrobe and yet still take through to spring (see spring-spiration), meaning lots of fashion milage! I take this next inspiration from an outfit idea I spotted a while back on net-a-porter:

Luxe designer style
I have said how much I love their magazine styling/features and this next ensemble really struck a cord with me. However, not able to currently pay the designer price tag, I made it my mission to source similar and pass on my finds to you, so you get style and savings! And this is what I came up with:

Doing it the hughstreet way!
The shirt is a new purchase of mine and an absolute steal, the picture doesn't do it justice. The sleeves can be worn down too, again giving it that extra versatility. The gillet is from Lipsy but I bought a similar one from H&M a few years ago and have worn it to death and can give it a fresh look with these pieces. I have styled it with slightly flared jeans here, as worn by the lovely Olivia Palermo in the designer image, though they aren't everyone's cup of tea. They are really flattering though and Kate Moss is a fan! I think it evokes a 70s vibe and gives you a break from skinnies.

However if you want to wear your skinny jeans, these Topshop boots (£90) will look fab with them and are so comfy (I can vouch for that!). I have chosen a darker denim as I don't get on with lighter shades, but that's just me and my short legs! A fab pair of high platform shoes would look great with these jeans but barely seen, wearing the jeans super long. I would probably do a designer bag and sunnies with this in reality, it makes the whole thing look more luxe, but as this is a high street feature I chose a bag and sunnies I think look more expensive than they are and the bag (£70) is great quality.
I love this look, I think I may wear it today!




2 comments:

  1. I adore a good fur gilet!

    I noticed you like one of my looks on WITD, so I just wanted to say 'Hello!', 'Thank you' and share my blog link with you:

    http://www.monadot.net

    I'd really appreciate it if you dropped by!

    Best,

    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the comment, love your blog and in particular the yellow jumper photo, think that was the outfit I starred, looks great! I'll give you a follow, feel free to follow mine, new post just added.

      Loraine x

      Delete