Sunday 27 January 2013

Spring-spiration!

• Fashion

January is still in deep, dark winter but the glimpse of sunshine we had this weekend is turning thoughts to spring and the new season, thinking about what key purchases to buy and of course, how I can update items I already have.

One of next season's key trends is the 60s and monochrome, as seen at Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton. These go hand in hand for me when I think of these two trends and are perfect to try now, whilst we wait for the frost to fully thaw.

Look 1: a key item to buy, the monochrome dress


This outfit is inspired by the spring/summer Louis Vuitton catwalk but can be achieved on the highstreet at Tophop for just £38! Add a staple black court lurking in every stylish girl's wardrobe, a cute headband with bow (I have one from a few season's back, or you could even use ribbon) and a 60's clutch, this one adds just the right pop of colour. I'm sure this look will be all over the shops and the combination is endless when using separates.

Look 2: an update with stripes inspired by spring/summer H&M


Stripes are also look great in black an white and as most of us own some sort of stripey garment, you can get the monochrome trend right now without spending a penny! I have a H&M stripey dress in my wardrobe and to make it more weather appropriate (and also with a nod to the 60s) I found this bargain coat from H&M online (see cheap and chic H&M sales! for how much I love these sales!) which looks like it's from this era. Add studded slipper flats (everywhere now) and a black tote and, with tights, it's very trans-seasonal. I have lusted after the MK Michael Kors Hamilton for a while now, such a great bag and comes in a selection of colours. The dress will still look great when the weather warms with bare legs and sans coat.

Hopefully we can all get a taste of spring now, who can wait for the Great British weather?!

What trends will you be trying?

Coming up:
Inbetweener outfits
Valentine's Day dilemas
Interior design ideas









4 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I've become a little bit obsessed with stripes myself! I've also turned into a regular of your blog! Btw, the idea of 'coming up' is pretty cool!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have read yours too! Now I have to write what I have said is coming up :)
    I have actually put a ban on myself buying anything else with stripes! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that H&M striped dress, can't wait till spring so I can wear things like that!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Resisted that clutch in Topshop on Saturday....but I think I'm gonna have to get it anyway!
    I've YouTubed the LV show wayyyy too much...so incred!
    x

    ReplyDelete