Sunday 21 April 2013

By George

• Fashion •

As I mentioned last post I did some online shopping, now call me old fashioned but its never quite the same as picking something up, trying it on and then paying for it at a cash register, you just don't get the same thrill! But needs must and as I had been too busy to get to the shops this was the chosen method. I stumbled on the George website through an item recommended in Grazia (love this magazine! I'm a subscriber and look forward to that Tuesday delivery!)

Untitled #3


The item was a neon orange skirt for £12, no sooner had I read about it on the train, I had tapped it up
on my phone, added my card details and wham, it was being delivered for free to my local store! I'm afraid to say that next days journey followed in the same fashion and a few more items were winging there way to said store for me to pick up at my (late night) convenience!


The bomber was only £16 and it s really light silky material and a nice fit and the jeans, £18, are a good fit too which I was surprised about, I don't usually buy jeans from supermarkets but I'm not very good with the scruffy look and so thought it was a cheap way of trying out the trend. They are the boyfriend fit so a little looser on the leg and you can roll them up and down a bit more to suit (my 29 1/2 inch legs are very pleased with that!) The skirt is also much brighter than the picture, neon orange and is one of the George graduate designer collection. So how will I style them?


Neon dream

For the Grazia recommended skirt I went for  preppy look to counter-balance the very bright neon and then classic bag and brogues. I think the neutrals tone it down and you could even wear to the office. I wasn't going to keep this skirt (felt scared!) but after thinking about it you could style it lots of ways, maybe with classic white shirt or grey T to make it more casual.


Sports casual


The other two items I think worked well together, so I for daytime I would wear with trainers like these Topshop wedges, or just a plain Converse and a T-shirt, or even heels if you wanted to glam up. For evening the jacket would work well with a black midi dress and heels, I like the stud details on the shoes and bag to tie together.

So there you have it, the secret is out! Cheap clothes, on trend, delivered for free and you can pick up at your convenience, what's not to love?

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree about on-line shopping....I hate it!
    Zero buzz for me!!

    These pieces are grrrrreat though...and deffo super-cheap :)

    Love Grazia too!! My friend Polly writes for them :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does she? Is she the one with her own column?
    Grazia is my bible :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish there was topshop near me, those shoes are GORG!

    xoxo, Aman

    beauteacoffeechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete