Wednesday 9 October 2013

Treasure chest

I am a bit of a storage geek, always looking for new ways to hide old rubbish and generally keep my home as clear from clutter as possible. I have been lusting after this item for ages but couldn't justify spending out on it while we were doing up the house, but now things are almost there I couldn't hold out any longer: Meet the ottoman!


This one is from Next link and comes in this silver shade and mink.
I love this luxe old school glamour style and hope it will last me years! I've seen this kind of thing in
luxury hotels (I sometimes work on a luxury travel mag, sadly I don't get to visit them!) and aspire to that hotel chic look.


It's going to take pride of place at the foot if my bed and hold all my towels and linen that have been cluttering up the spare room. It can also store all those bed cushions we like to have (put them on in the morning, pull them off at night, pointless right?!) 


Plus it will double up as a seat and I can sit and comfortably put on my shoes now, rather than hover on one foot. Could also store some of the surplus shoes in there if needed as there is ample storage.


I just love being able to throw all my junk in a box, or under my bed can't bear to see it all untidy, and this will take five minutes to do. Tidy house, tidy mind!





2 comments:

  1. Love your room!

    The ottoman looks brilliant...my mum's got one from White Company and she keeps some of her very vast shoe collection in there....

    I haven't got space for one....so I just chuck my bed cushions on the floor every night!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    I would like to have decorated like that!! <3

    Hope see you soon in my blog:) Maybe we can follow each other!
    http://mis360grados.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete