Saturday 16 March 2013

Taking the Michael

• Fashion

This weekend we took a small road trip from the east of the country where I live, to the west, going for drinks with family near Oxford. It had been a good week for several reasons, one; I had a three day weekend, two; I was featured as Editors Choice TWICE on WIWT and three; I was making a bag purchase and was a little excited about it :)

The Chosen One

THE ONE
I had seen the Michael Kors Hamilton a while back (I featured it back in January here) and knew it was The One. Classic looking, two different carry options, separate sections inside, perfect! I researched
them online and they are around the £300 mark, which is still pretty reasonable in designer bag territory (is it me or have they just sky rocketed lately?) Anyway, as I was passing I thought I'd visit Bicester Village to see if they had any at the outlet store, before committing.

I'd been to Bicester a few years ago but when I arrived this time the Michael Kors shop had doubled in size and had been completely refurbed (as had Bicester in general), a much nicer shopping experience. I spotted my hamilton straight away, I wanted black to go with everything and a change from tan I have been carrying around all year but when I got there the colour selection was amazing, I was like a kid in a sweetshop!

Choices choices!
THE DECISION
I was almost swayed into a different colour coming up to summer and all (eventually!) but kept my focus and stayed with the black (professional!) plus it will play down all those summery pastel shades, making them more office appropriate when the time comes.

I'm not sure if it's because its an outlet store but there were so many different designs I hadn't seen, probably trialling new lines or selling less popular designs but I spotted a one with more descreet branding which I preferred so went for that one in the end to be a bit different and it was also a better size for me being wider than squarer when trying them all for size. It's still the Hamilton, just without the metal lock and still has the chain detail on the longer strap. Plus as Michael by Michael Kors is a diffusion line (the MK is the symbol for that, I have messenger bag in that design) it looked like it could be from the main line and that I'd paid a lot more for it!

Purchase made!


The staff in MK were all really friendly and helpful and as my bag was one from the display they gave me an additional 10% off so I saved around £100. I think I will have to return though as I also really like these shopper style bags, really good size, so many colours and you can get matching purses too, would work well as a summer beach tote. I think I may be coming back soon!

Colour pop!


No comments:

Post a Comment